A UNIQUE FORMAT, A 100% FRENCH CREATION
DISTRICT Z is a brand new kind of family adventure game. A unique and original concept developed during more than 3 years in France by the teams of Satisfaction The Television Agency.
District Z is owned by the mysterious Professor Z: a wealthy but mad scientist who carried out dangerous and forbidden experiments until one day his secret laboratory exploded permanently damaging all life around it. The area was sealed off, trapping Professor Z inside, along with his loyal Butler and his freakish creatures in what is known as District Z. For fun the Professor allows a series of brave (or reckless) celebrities into District Z and give them a chance to take some of his gold, if they prove worthy and succeed in the challenges, and evade his creatures. However, if they fail to complete the games in time, they risked being locked in District Z forever.
In each episode of 120’, 5 celebrities undertake different challenges, aiming to win a cash prize for charities.
Covering over a 10-hectare site (about 14 football pitches) in Parc Astérix, the set is huge and impressive with over 50 cameras to capture the action. The incredible challenges are all specially constructed to resemble a decaying amusement park permanently damaged by the Professor’s reckless science experiment, but all the challenges are themed to tie in with movie and video game references. They are a mixture of interior and exterior challenges. Each episode is shot over the course of one night: dusk until dawn.
DISTRICT Z in numbers :
- 15 DAYS OF REHEARSALS AND SHOOTING
- 25 PERSONALITIES
- 44 CAMERAS
- 4,445 MEALS
- 1 600 REFERENCES OF PROJECTORS AND LIGHT SOURCES
- 46 KILOMETERS OF CABLE
- 15 PALUCHES ATOME IN SIMULTANEOUS WIFI: a first of its kind.
- 1,600 NIGHTS
- 200 PEOPLE ON SITE
- 80 M2 OF CAR REGIE: the largest in Europe (AMP Visual TV)
- 300 DAYS OF ASSEMBLY
- A SHOOTING SET EQUIVALENT TO 14 SOCCER FIELDS
Excellent ratings for the launch of ‘District Z’ on Friday, December 11th in primetime :
- 5.4M viewers / 26% Msh ind. 4+ / 47% Msh ind. 25-49 yo (+38% vs. slot average)
- Best launch on key demo (25-49) for a French unscripted creation for 27 years.
- 67% Msh on kids (4-14)
- 55% Msh on teens and young adults (15-34).
- That’s the best launch of the year and the highest performance for an alternative show in 4 years.
On average :
- The five episodes of DistrictZ have attracted 3.9M viewers, 32% Msh commercial target / 48% Msh ind. 4-14 yo / 37% Msh ind. 15-34 yo / 30% Msh ind. 15-24 yo.